What I see – “Agile Adoption” – is about Practices i.e. events, Tools i.e. (Jira) & Roles with old methods/mindset agile is practiced
- Product Vision is not shared
- No Product Mindset
- Product has not been understood and not refining and prioritizing
- Continuous Micromanagement
- Command & Control mindset
We were violating the two agile principles here:
1) Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
2) The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organized teams.
Organization & Team had misconceptions about agile & had no awareness of project goals/reasons behind agile adoption.
- Organization and Team only think Agile is about Meetings & Events / Ceremonies
- But not Agile Mindset and Team Collaboration
- Agile is means to complete more & more requirements/stories ASAP
- Push VS PULL – PO / SM assigns stories during iteration planning & team in reality don’t commit anything.
- Running Daily Stand-up Meetings that devote into status updates
- Whole focus on implementing Agile Practices
It is about changing the Culture, reflected by change in Values, Behavior & mindset
- Empowering People to make decisions
- Continuous Improvement
- Extremely clear product vision
- Product Mindset
- Teaching new ways or working together
- Delivering what team commits during iteration planning
Focus less on implementing practices but more on shifting mindset/culture by change in values, behavior & mindset